Link to Priory web site
In 1817 the 8th Lord Kinnaird (Charles) built the imposing building of Rossie priory in the parish of Inchture (properly Inchtower). in the Carse of Gowrie, for the family mansion.
On 20 June 1831 George William Fox Kinnaird (9th Lord Kinnaird) was created Baron Rossie of Rossie (Perth). On 1 September 1860, his own male issue having failed, he was created Baron Kinnaird of Rossie, with a specific remainder, failing heirs-male of his own body, to his brother Arthur and the heirs-male of his body. He died at Rossie in 1878, when the Barony of Rossie of 1831 became extinct.
This Gothic building is unusual in having handsome red ashlar stone at front and
sides, but only harling at the rear. It stands amongst many ancient gravestones, with another Kinnaird vault below the building, additional to that at the old chapel at
Contact at Rossie Priory:
The Hon Mrs Caroline Best